We are so happy to have our students back in session with us. It is always fun to reconnect and find out about their summer adventures. Some things to be aware of these first few day back. We are doing a staggered start again this year where half of the class comes one day and the other half comes the next day.
Students Start Days
- Sept 1, Grades K-7, A-K
- Sept 2, Grades 1-7, L-M
- Sept 3, Kindergarten: L-M, Full Attendance Grades 1-7
- Sept 8, Kindergarten Full Attendance
- Pre-Kindergaten Staggered 8 & 9th A-K, 13 & 14th L-M, Full Attendance 15 & 16th
COVID Safe Practices at St. Vital
As we enter into a new school year here are some things to be aware of for this Fall 2021. There are some things that will be the same as last year and some differences.
- As a PK-7 school we will be wearing masks inside the building to ensure the safety of those students who are in Grades 6 and younger with no vaccination
- Any students, staff or visitors who are ill will be asked to stay at home.
- Staff or students displaying symptoms will be required to go home until they no longer display symptoms. Parents will be called to pick up their child.
- Masks will be worn on the bus to ensure the safety of those students who are in Grades 6 and younger with no vaccination.
- Mask breaks will be given throughout the day.
- Masks are not required outside or when taking part in strenuous activity.
- At this time there will be band, choir, and extra curricular sports.
- Parents are allowed in the building but will need to do the following;
- Wear a mask and sanitize
- Check in at the office before proceeding into the building. This is for the safety of our students and to ensure uninterrupted instructional time.
- Do not enter if you are ill.
- FIRST DAY OF CLASSES
- All staff are excited to meet their students and will be outside on their first day of classes to greet the students.
- Students are to go straight to the playground to meet their teacher and connect with classmates.
- Mask are not required outside.
- Teachers will be outside to show students to their entrances with their bags.
- Please have mask available so they can put it on when entering the building.
- Kindergarten Family Open House
- Open house will be their first morning of classes, 1st and 3rd (as communicated by the teacher)
- Kindergarten and their parent/s will enter at the back Kinder entrance.
- Parents must be masked and will need to sign in upon entry at the Kinder entrance.